James 4:4 “You adulterous people, don't you know that friendship with the world means enmity against God? Therefore, anyone who chooses to be a friend of the world becomes an enemy of God.”
The Bible is NOT vague on the matter of separation from the world. God's children are commanded in the Bible to be SEPARATED from the world. In what way should we be separated from the w...orld?
1. We are to be separated in our beliefs.
2. We are to be separated in our lifestyles.
3. We are to separated in our fellowship.
4. We are to be separated in our conversation.
5. We are to be separated from the world in marriage.
6. We are to be separated from the world in entertainment & leisure.
2 Corinthians 6:17 “Therefore, "Come out from them and be separate, says the Lord. Touch no unclean thing, and I will receive you."
1 Corinthians 5:11 “But now I am writing to you that you must not associate with anyone who claims to be a brother or sister but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or slanderer, a drunkard or swindler. Do not even eat with such people.”
As we prepare for the new year of 2015 let us choose to separate from this world in every way.
• Where many today are feasting to the desires of the flesh, I shall dry fast to crucify this flesh.
• Where others are drunkards and sleeping, I shall stay sober and awake.
• Where others are rebellious in the house of God, I will be submissive to Gods authority.
• Where many walk in haughtiness and pride, I choose to be humble in spirit.
• Where others are running to evil, I will stay home to read my bible.
• Where many expect to be served, I choose to serve like Christ.
• Where there in hopelessness in this world, I shall proclaim the good news of the Gospel.
• Where there is oppression. I shall introduce Jesus the deliver.
• Where there is sickness, I shall bring healing hands.
• Where there is mourning, I shall bring joy.
• Where there is perverse talking, I shall not let any unwholesome talk come out of my mouth.
• Where there is immoral dressing, I choose to walk in the beauty of modesty & decency.
• Where there is sexual sin, I will walk in purity.
• Where there is post modernism in the church, I will walk in the antique ways of the old rugged cross.
• Where there is entertainment in the house of God, I will seek the Lord for anointing to draw the people.
• Where there is legalism that produces death, I will walk in holiness that produces life.
• Where there is profane sacrifice, I will walk in obedience.
• Where there is compromise, I will stand for righteousness.
• Where there is darkness, I will stand in the light of Christ.
• Where there is lukewarmness, I will stand in the furnace of the Refiner’s fire.
• Where there is wickedness around me, I shall not look upon it.
• Where there is flesh I will choose to walk in the spirit.
• Though I walk in the kingdom of this world, my eyes shall look up to the kingdom of heaven.
• Though many are against me, I will persevere.
• Though many are my afflictions, my God shall deliver me from them all.
• Though I walk through the waters, I shall not drown.
• Though I walk through the fire, it shall not burn me.
• Though many hate all around me, I choose to love unconditionally.
• Though only a few go with me, I will still follow Christ.
• Though I may be imprisoned, I shall walk in freedom.
• Though many walk down the wide path, I will walk the narrow path.
• Though many are chasing earthen treasures, I shall store up my treasures in heaven.
• Though many are trying to live this mortal life, I choose to lose this life on earth to gain eternal life.
• Though many follow the traditions of this world, I follow the God of the bible.
• Though many false preachers will prophelies to you, I will prophecy the soon return of the Messiah.
• Though many will water down the truth to keep your friendship, I will speak the truth in love at risk of losing your friendship.
• Though many are seeking their long term citizenship on this earth, I choose to prepare in holiness for my citizenship in heaven.
• Though many will flock to the apostate prosperity churches, I stay with the remnant church seeking first the kingdom of God and His righteousness.
• Though many go with the tide of every wind of false doctrine, I choose to go against the tide and walk in holiness.
Philippians 2:15 “ So that you may become blameless and pure, "children of God without fault in a warped and crooked generation." Then you will shine among them like stars in the sky”
Our life is no longer about eating, drinking, leisure, feeding the flesh, glorifying the 'self' , its NOT about gratifying the desires of your sinful nature.
NO! Its about:
1. Being Born Again
2. Being Holy Spirit Filled
3. Its about CRUCIFYING the FLESH!
4. Its about Seeking The Lord and denial of 'self'
- you must note that this sinful life that was purchased by Jesus on the cross is all about HIM our LORD and SAVIOR..Its NOT ABOUT US I repeat, Its NOT ABOUT US!
Whatever you do that glorifies US is pure BLASPHEMY for we are now on HOLY ground, where God overlooked the ignorance of the past He now calls us to repentance. (Acts 17:30)
Time is over and The Messiah is coming back again not to celebrate with US or the I in US, but to take away a HOLY CHURCH! It is time for US to stop looking at the I in US, but focus on the I AM THAT I AM (Exodus 3) who now controls this vessel. Not a time to lie in the house of God, as it was with the level of glory that was in the book of acts for this latter glory is greater than the former
2 Corinthians 7:10 “Godly sorrow brings repentance that leads to salvation and leaves no regret, but worldly sorrow brings death.”
As God the Father sent His Son Jesus to the cross to be crucified, let us also crucify our flesh and come back to God in godly sorrow that produces genuine repentance that we may be separated for His soon coming. See More